Skip to main content

Look At My Love of Electronic City


Silk Board cross-section bus-stop arrives. It tells you to take a short nap now. The twenty kilometers up-till Infosys office will take more than 60 minutes. It is a hot day. So take out your handkerchiefs. You might want to cry when you lose your patience.

Electronic city was built as a satellite town at the southern periphery of Bangalore. The British city of retired sarkari babus discovered new wiry roots. The first world found cheap labor in the third world sleepy town. The eager and industrious Indians found an opportunity. Today when you step into Bangalore it is clouded with towering glass building and the dusty road. Sending an ambitious message of ‘who’ you can become irrespective ‘whose’ you are. Big engineering colleges, Thai and Chinese snack kiosks, along the unpaved walkways of the city make space for those who are not of merit yet, but show virtuosity to trudge and work hard favored by their luck. The Indian Silicon Valley ensconces the unworthy simply with a spirit of bad governance that gets lost visibly in the tedium of day-to-day ideas of growth.

Step down from your office, wear your pollution mask and hiking shoes, a footpath is difficult to find. Better, call a cab, the Uber has special rates for short distances and frequent travels. Twice a day, morning and evening Rs. 30/- per ride for an executive or a student. Pay later with a credit card. It promises to help you reach your destination.

Try to go from here to there, your side of the road to the other across the road. The absent underpasses and the obscure over bridge are the pinnacle of human un-imagination. The road divider sees two 1 feet grills on either side. Young women and the old, in sarees and salwar, pant-suit and hijab hop over, one limb each with tilted knees, sideways one at a time. Mothers help sons, sons help sisters, sisters help father and father helps grandmothers. It is a family retinue, a morning routine, an evening serenade.

The city remains dreamy slow with fiber connections underground. The city is not all that dreary. Other side of the road the metro pillars up from the depth of your desires to the height it tries to reach. The design is the future, the future may not be attuned to your design. Catch the cab and reach your home, now you are safe until next time you meet again.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phone Call

Tring ! Tring ! After 2 seconds ... Tring ! Tring ! Tring ! The phone rang loudly but nobody picked it up. It had been lying like it had been last night. Alone, cold on the floor above the mattresses spread for a man to sleep. The man was the father. A father of two people both in adulthood, with a son and a daughter. The children and their mother and father all lived in a two bed room apartment. The apartment also has a kitchen, two balconies a staircase to lead any visitor up on to the terrace and down towards the ground floor. The phone in its standby mode lay peacefully in bliss on the third and top most floor of an establishment which is over 20 years old. It was bought after a lot of hard work and planning by the father to give a home to his two adolescents and more space to grow up. This home was not just a home. Although it was small but it saw a lot of developments in peoples lives. With people living in it and outside and using it to their fullest extent with cre...

Latest Read : Upside of Irrationality

Our brain has wonderful way by which it constantly evolves along the way devising ways to leave us astray. At times it tries teaching something to us. We all usually busy in our world, decide against its meaningful advices and encroach upon 'decisions' we deem fit. What we never discover is the source of errors in judgement. Subconscious knows all and decides to inform at appropriate timing what we seek to accomplish. But gut and intuition (which at time prove to be wrong) come in between claiming everything. If we win, we call it glory, if not,  it is termed as a mistake. But  fellows. It is not our decisions over which we so easily lay claim upon that make us win. On the other hand it is the subconscious. While executing pre -ecided actions we choose to listen (best thing to do!)  all that our subconscious has clammed up in the past. That usually makes us execute our plans with a promise of success or at least save as from a nasty debacle. Everyday while we are b...

When Shit Hits The Fan

  2021 December Shit hit the fan and I was left to clean it up. I failed in writing my response papers at my fellowship. I failed to respect the idea of novelty in the subject. I failed to create the make sense of the time that was given to me. I narrated the story that I had come with. That I knew what I wanted, that what I wanted was exactly same as what I needed. It is the novelty of the newness. Most thing get ignored when only some needs to be focused. Please get out of my head, the irritation persisted. I am not in a frame of mind, I would say, like I would say to my mother, who would barge into my room to ask something. The thought that I had not failed loomed constantly, I would reassure myself again and again, that I was okay. Nothing was.   15 people in my family had passed through covid-19. More than 6 were in hospital during the festival of Diwali. I had visited none, not even once did I visit them to ask. That was not the worst part. I couldn’t accept, I...