Amnesiac ....

" Daddy, I'm back", overjoyed girl screamed on arrival at home. Her father standing across the verandah, with his back towards her, turned and faced towards her, confused. She had carried the cumbersome suitcase along, with a bag on her shoulder and laptop in her hand, now waiting him to reply, rather jump towards her. She had been living away since months, and now craved for the hug from each person of her family; her mother, brother and especially her father especially being closest to him emotionally. 

Her father twisted and turned, looked down at her feet and slowly sized her up till her head as if trying to remember, who the human she was. 

" Dad I'm home!", she said, again waiting for a joyous expression or anything that would impress a sense of affirmed happiness from him, but he stood still perplexed, staring at her face.
" Dad, you OK ?", she said defensively, a little worried.
"huh?", I'm sorry beta, do I know you?
" Dad!, stop joking. Tell me where mom and bro are, please." she said convinced it was just a prank he was afflicting upon her, a part of his personality which was.
" Beta what's your name?", he said.
" huh?, I'm Ishrat dad, what has happened to you. Look, I'm very tired from the journey and please let me go inside. Stop your games.", annoyed, she replied in a shrill voice, picked her bags and bolted towards the gate.

"Oyeee!, I dare you to enter my house. I was speaking to you softly, now I'll call the police if you try to enter MY home", he screamed at her.

Stupefied, by his outburst, her heart sank as her daddy dear wasn't the type to raise his pitch even at nonsensical mischief she had done; she went weak in her knees and Ishra started crying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demons and Dungeons : A Framework to Learn In Teams

Learning Design Writing at Anant Fellowship

Glasshouse of My Dreams